Tuesday 24 March 2015

Music For Teaser Trailer

When preparing my teaser trailer, I had to decide what music to play on my trailer. Music plays an important part in setting the tempo and tone of a film, and that is no different on a teaser trailer, as music is used to create drama and suspense, as well as creating peace and harmony. As my trailer is from the Thriller genre, I knew the shots I would be creating for my trailer would be fast paced and dramatic. My trailer would also tell a story.

I know for the first part of my trailer, I would need a piece of music that would help make the trailer flow, but would also reflect the shots in the trailer. Therefore, I am choosing to use a piece of music called "Coast to Coast". It is a jazzy, comedic-80's gangster movie type of music, a piece of music that you could envision hearing in a Quentin Tarantino movie. The music would make it easy to follow the trailer, as it reflected the almost comedic goings-on that will occur in my trailer.



For my montage, I need a fast-paced, exciting, and consistently enthralling piece of music, that reflects the action shots that are occurring at this stage of the trailer. I looked at many options, such as Led Zeppelin's Kashmir, but in the end I decided to use the intro to Kings of Leon's song "Crawl". The reason I decided to use this piece of music was because of the sound of the opening 45 seconds of the song. The use of the electric guitar is key to me using this piece of music, as the tune is perfect as there are a lot of quick shots in the montage, and it contains a steady rhythm and beat that the shots can be measured to follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment